Could a permanent Zipline be coming to a park near you?

Were you lucky enough to experience the Vancouver Zipline that was set up at Queen Elizabeth Park last year?  Well you might just be getting another chance to soar high above the trees in one of Vancouver's popular parks.

Last years pilot project gave those in charge of things a vote of confidence in permitting a permanent zipline in one of Vancouver's favourite parks. But it is still a mystery as to which park that might be.  Hopefully we will see everything set up during our upcoming spring.

Last year the zipline at Queen Elizabeth Park hosted more than 23,000 people who zipped over the gardens and trees of the 52 acre park.

The only drawback was that it was a relatively short distance.  This year, the Vancouver park board is considering a longer and more permanently installed attraction.

The selected zipline vendor will be offered a 3 year contract with the City of Vancouver to install and operate the zipline, with the possiblity of an additional 2 year renewal.

For more keep your eyes on the Vancouver Park Board Facebook page.

Where would you put the zipline if you have a chance?  How about down Burnaby mountain into the water?  Over the lagoon in Stanley Park?  Along the Lions Gate Bridge?

vancouver zipline

No comments

Post Your Comment: