Fire Ban is in Effect!

A total fire ban has gone into effect for all of southern and central BC, and it's expected to last into October.

The ban covers almost of all the Coastal Fire Centre region, which encompasses Metro Vancouver, the Sunshine Coast, Vancouver Island, the Gulf Islands and the area west of Manning Park and south of Tweedsmuir Park.

The 2 areas on the south coast that are exempt are Haida Gwaii and the 'Fog Zone', a strip of land that stretches along the west coast of Vancouver Island.

The ban includes campfires, tiki torches, fireworks, firecrackers, sky lanterns, burning barrels or burning cages of any size or description. Gas, propane and briquette cooking stoves are permitted.

The fines for burning during a fire ban range between $1,150 & $10,000. If convicted in court, a guilty party can be fined up to $100,000 or sentenced to one year in jail. Those found to cause or contribute to a wildfire can be ordered to  pay all firefighting and associated costs.

Campfires are not permitted in Vancouver's parks and beaches and carry fines between $50 and $2,000, depending on the location and severity of the fire.

Up to date fire regulations and info can be found at

All open fires, including campfires, will be banned throughout southern and central B.C. as of noon


No comments

Post Your Comment:

Your email will not be published
Reciprocity Logo The data relating to real estate on this website comes in part from the MLS® Reciprocity program of either the Real Estate Board of Greater Vancouver (REBGV), the Fraser Valley Real Estate Board (FVREB) or the Chilliwack and District Real Estate Board (CADREB). Real estate listings held by participating real estate firms are marked with the MLS® logo and detailed information about the listing includes the name of the listing agent. This representation is based in whole or part on data generated by either the REBGV, the FVREB or the CADREB which assumes no responsibility for its accuracy. The materials contained on this page may not be reproduced without the express written consent of either the REBGV, the FVREB or the CADREB.