The proposed casino in Ladner gets a name!

Gateway Casinos and Entertainment Ltd has announced that the $70 million complex proposed for the Delta Town & Country Inn will be called Cascades Casino Delta.

Gateway also uses the Cascades brand for its Langley, Kamloops and Penticton casinos.

The public hearing for the rezoning application takes place tomorrow, May 1st at 6pm at the Ladner Community Centre.

If the proposal receives approval, the current 49 room hotel would be torn down this summer to make way for the new complex that would be scheduled to open in 2020.

The complex would include a hotel of 116 to 124 rooms, restaurants and meeting places, while the casino is to have 500 slot machines, 24 gaming tables and up to six e-tables. After 6 months, a review would take place but any substainial change to the gaming equation would require city approval.

The casino would be considerably smaller than Richmond's River Rock Casino Resort, which has 1,267 slot machines and 112 table games. Richmond has registered strong opposition  to the proposed Delta facility.

The B.C. Lottery Corporation estimated revenue coming to Delta will be at the top end of its initial $1.5 million to $3 million annual projection based on the casino opening with 500 slot machines. Does Delta need a casino? Your views?



No comments

Post Your Comment:

Your email will not be published
Reciprocity Logo The data relating to real estate on this website comes in part from the MLS® Reciprocity program of either the Greater Vancouver REALTORS® (GVR), the Fraser Valley Real Estate Board (FVREB) or the Chilliwack and District Real Estate Board (CADREB). Real estate listings held by participating real estate firms are marked with the MLS® logo and detailed information about the listing includes the name of the listing agent. This representation is based in whole or part on data generated by either the GVR, the FVREB or the CADREB which assumes no responsibility for its accuracy. The materials contained on this page may not be reproduced without the express written consent of either the GVR, the FVREB or the CADREB.